Sunday, December 19, 2010

Circles

It is hard to believe that our Will will turn 3 years old in 4 months! He is such a handsome and smart little boy. He is finally out of the terrible two stage... :), he loves his little brother, who he now sometimes calls "bubba", he is all boy - loves trucks, 4-wheelers, dirt- you catch my drift. He also loves watching movies lately; Kung Fu Panda, Toy Story and Shrek 2 are his current faves. He has also enjoyed seeing the Christmas trees and lights. I think he is going to be one excited little boy when Santa visits him.

I am also amazed at how much progress he has made the past few months with his speech. He takes occupational therapy for speech delay, and this past week Ms. Dawn taught him about shapes. He was sick Friday night, so I slept with him. When he woke up on Saturday morning, he was holding one of his blankets and said "Momma, look Circle". He was SO proud of himself and of course, his momma was, as well. Tonight, we were looking out our front door and I said look boys, there is the moon. Will said "The moon, circle". When I told him good job, he grinned from ear to ear and said "yay". I am very proud of him for making these associations.

He tries to repeat everything that we say and it is so great to hear his sweet little voice when he catches on to the word or sentence. I taught him to say, Happy birthday, Jesus, and it melts my heart each time I hear him say it. Another cute item is that when he toots, he says "I tickle" (he is normally sitting with his daddy HA :)). I could go on and on, but my point in all of this is that I am very proud of my sweet angel's speech progress, and I thank God for answering my prayers. I know that his speech continue to progress as time passes!!!

Here are a few pictures of our big boy! He looks SO much like his daddy to me lately. Their mannerisms are very similar.
So here is a blast from the past... Will has always loved it when his daddy puts his hat on his head. He was almost 1 in the picture below... (in the old apartment, watching Blues Clues - pretty stinkin cute, huh?)
And here he is about a month ago... Still a little cutie!


1 comment:

The Gapens said...

I'm so proud of him! His associations are great. My favorite part of this post is "I tickle!" Hilarious!