Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I love celebrating all of the wonderful mothers in my life each year and celebrating being one myself.   God has blessed me with two amazing little boys.

It was especially great this year when I received invitations from Will's class to attend 'Tea & Cookies with Mom'.  They sang a song for us, showed us what they had learned this year and presented us with gifts they made.  Will walked around to every child in his class to introduce me... it made my heart melt :). 
Me and my little man at his school.
Instead of singing, he posed for the camera:).


Will's cards and coupons that the made for me.  There was a large posterboard that I missed taking a picture of at school.  The teacher asked all of the kids why they loved their moms.  Will's response was that I let him play in his room and that I am his best friend.  Do I have a sweet angel or what?! 


When I arrived to drop Carter off at school, this little beauty was sitting on his desk, along with a muffin.  They surprised us with 'Muffins with Mom'.  How precious is this craft?!  It says, 'This little flower is special you see, because it is made from parts of me.  My hands and feet made each flower part to show you I love you with all of my heart.'
One of the sweetest gifts EVER!

I think his teachers might think I have emotional issues.  I teared up with each event.  They are my heart outside of my body and remind me what life is all about.


The night before Mother's Day, Eddie and I loaded up the truck with all of our gifts for our moms and my grandmother. A couple of hours later, Will walked downstairs with a 103 fever and I spent the night taking care of him.  Which led to a morning of snuggling on the couch.  I missed spending time with family, but instead spent the day being a mom like any other, which was great in my book.

My loves on Mother's Day... my cup runneth over little boys!
I hope that all of my wonderful friends and family had a great Mother's Day weekend, as well :).

No comments: